Research Oriented Energy Modeler
Pattern r+d enables the design of sustainable and healthy building environments and communities by developing and applying innovative tools, processes, and education. Pattern delivers highly integrated design solutions to go beyond shallow notions of sustainability to true parametric and performance driven design.
We are looking to add a research oriented energy modeler to our team. The tasks would include:
- Provide innovative sustainability solutions and strong engineering/ analysis capabilities.
- DesignBuilder/Energy Plus energy modeling
- LEED/ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G Compliance Models and reporting
- Cove.tool Energy Modeling and Optimization
- Calibration Studies
- Research Work (Energy Codes, Baseline Data and more)
- Assisting with/ Co-authoring white papers and research papers for IBPSA/ASHRAE and more.
- Desire to be a researcher
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Sciences or Bachelor degree in Architecture with Masters in Building Science or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude with energy modeling and design software – DesignBuilder and/or Energy Plus and/or eQuest; Rhino and Grasshopper experience a plus.
- Excellent technical writing and speaking skills.
- 1+ years professional experience with demonstrated progression in building design with an emphasis on advanced MEP systems.
- LEED AP preferred.
- Self starter with the ability to do initiate and complete tasks with little/no supervision.
Our office is located in Downtown Atlanta, in a LEED Platinum building. We are very well connected by public transit.
Please e-mail your resume as 1 pdf file (less than 5 mb) sample to email@example.com.
Pattern r+d is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply